8 Sept 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (6): Ten Finished Series I Have YET to Finish AKA Let's See How Behind I Am In Reading

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. They'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and LOVE to see other top ten lists!
Okay so I do this thing sometimes (a lot) where I read all the books in the series except for the last one because I don't want to let the series go. So let's look at my shame and the books that I have not read yet.
--
1. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini.
Books Unread: Inheritance (Book 4/4)
Why? I wanted to get this in paperback to match the rest of my series and then once I did, I realized I had to reread the rest of the series to be able to read this one and... I just never had time for a reread.
--
2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Books Unread: Days of Blood and Starlight (2/3) | Night of Cake & Puppets (2.5/3) | Dreams of Gods and Monsters (3/3)
Why? I was not a fan of the first novel in this and have decided I will not be continuing with the series. *Note: This is not the only series that this has happened to. Others include Anomaly, His Fair Assassin, and Zom-B*

--
3. Escape From Furnace Series by Alexander Gordon Smith.
Books Unread: Execution (Book 5/5)
Why? I was on a roll reading these books and then I somehow misplaced book five and haven't found it yet.
--
4. Kanin Chronicles by Amanda Hocking
Books Unread: Ice Kissed (Book 2/3) | Crystal Kingdom (3/3)
Why? I just started reading this series and I am waiting to find paperbacks of them for a tad cheaper than what I have found them for. I also just finished Frostfire about a week ago.
--
5. The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan.
Books Unread: Look, I have read the first two books; there are 14 books plus some extras. I'm not going to list them all because that would take up so much time and really you can just click above and look at them all.
Why? I am currently 13 hours into the 24 hour audiobook of The Dragon Reborn. It is a long ass series. I am working on it.
--
6. The Dispossessed by Page Morgan
Books Unread: Marco's Story (1.5/3) | The Wondrous and The Wicked (3/3)
Why? I wasn't a fan of the first two in the series so now I'm not sure if I want to even finish it. I am hoping the ebook goes super cheap on Kobo (since my library doesn't have it in)
--
7. The Watersong Quartet by Amanda Hocking
Books Unread: Forgotten Lyrics (0.5/4) | Elegy (4/4)
Why? This series has been a bit of a disappointment for me even though I love Amanda Hocking. I should just read it and be done with it but I also don't want to spend my time on that.
--
8. The Last Apprentice by Joseph Delaney.
Books Unread: Again, I've read the first three books; there are 13 books plus extras.
I'm not going to list them all because that would take up so much time and really you can just click above and look at them all.
Why? I had every intention of sticking this series out and then stalled because someone checked out the fourth book from the library and haven't gone back.
--
9. The Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver.
Books Unread: Requiem (3/3)
Why? I don't actually know. I think I was waiting for it to come out and then forgot that it was coming out. I didn't actually pick this up until recently so maybe I will get to it soon?
--
10. The Partials Sequence by Dan Wells.
Books Unread: All of Them
Why? I am "reading" Partials but I am not that into it so it is on hold. Which means so is the rest of the series.
--
And there you have it! What are some series you never got around to reading and/or finishing? Was there a reason??

2 comments:

  1. I haven't finished, or even started, any of these. I read Daughter of Smoke and Bone and like 15% of the second one, but then I gave up. A lot of these are on my TBR though!

    My list

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these except the first three books of The Inheritance Cycle. I probably need to reread the first three because I remember them being amazing...YEARS ago. Eek.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I cherish each and every comment. If you leave me a link to your blog, I will do my best to comment back!