14 Aug 2015

The Death Cure (The Maze Runner #3) by James Dashner


The Death Cure (The Maze Runner #3) by James Dashner

Goodreads Synopsis
It’s the end of the line.

WICKED has taken everything from Thomas: his life, his memories, and now his only friends—the Gladers. But it’s finally over. The trials are complete, after one final test.

Will anyone survive?

What WICKED doesn’t know is that Thomas remembers far more than they think. And it’s enough to prove that he can’t believe a word of what they say.

The truth will be terrifying.

Thomas beat the Maze. He survived the Scorch. He’ll risk anything to save his friends. But the truth might be what ends it all. 

The time for lies is over.
When I went to write this review, I looked at what I rated it on Goodreads and I am shocked that I rated it 3 stars tbh. I did not like this one. I liked getting answers to *some* of the questions I had but the ending? Nope. That was not a good ending.

I am okay with not every question being answered in a series and letting the reader come to their own conclusions about some things. But there was so much that was unanswered and haphazardly thrown together that I was like whaaattt? Because it was such a cop out for Thomas to answer a certain question the way he does. It was almost as if Dashner had zero idea what to think of to explain it and tried to think of a way to not have to explain it ever and found it.

I'm not going to lie, I loved Teresa but she and Brenda both served no purpose other than to be "love interests" and I would use that term very, very loosely. I think there could have been so much more to that story, especially with how females react to the Flares, etc. that wasn't explained because it focused so much on Thomas and his manpain. And both these girls just served to further Thomas' manpain. They literally could have been any other character and it would have been the exact same story, just less whiny men.

Overall: 2.5/5 stars. I am really disappointed with how this ended. But at the same time I am glad it is over because the series just got progressively worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I cherish each and every comment. If you leave me a link to your blog, I will do my best to comment back!