19 Aug 2015

Raging Star (Dust Land #3) by Moira Young

Raging Star (Dust Lands #3) by Moira Young

Goodreads Synopsis
Her passion kept them alive. Now it may destroy them all.

Saba is ready to seize her destiny and defeat DeMalo...until she meets him and finds herself drawn to the man and his vision of a healed earth, a New Eden. DeMalo wants Saba to join him, in life and work, to build a stable, sustainable world…for the chosen few. The young and the healthy. Under his control.

Jack’s choice is clear: to fight DeMalo and try to stop New Eden. Presumed dead, he's gone undercover, feeding Saba crucial information in secret meetings. Saba hides her connection with DeMalo and commits herself to the fight. Joined by her brother, Lugh, and her sister, Emmi, Saba leads a small guerilla band against the settlers and the Tonton militia. But the odds are overwhelming. Saba knows how to fight—she's not called the Angel of Death for nothing. But what can she do when the fight cannot be won? Then DeMalo offers Saba a chance—a seductive chance she may not be able to refuse. How much will she sacrifice to save the people she loves?

The road has never been more dangerous, and betrayal lurks in the most unexpected places in the breathtaking conclusion to the Dust Lands Trilogy. 


See this is the type of book that Rebel Heart should have been. It was action packed but also had the quiet moments of greatness as well. I do have to say that I thought some parts lulled and I wasn't a fan of the direction that some of the story took but it was actually SUCH A GOOD ENDING. I find that I am disappointed a lot by how series end but this one was just too good.

I loved the transformation that Saba had during the course of this story. I do see how a lot of Rebel Heart was needed to create the ending in Raging Star, but I thought that some of the story still could have been further expanded upon. I would have liked to know more about De Malo's backstory because I think that was glanced at but not extremely developed.

I thought De Malo was one of my favourite characters in the series. He had such a strong conviction about what he wanted and how he was going to get there. He was a definite villain though. And he didn't have many redeeming qualities, but I do see why Saba was attracted to him. I got it. I would have been too. 

One of the biggest things I actually liked in the series as a whole, but especially in this book was how easily Young killed off characters. It is so nice to see authors not afraid to kill off important characters! I don't want to know that the characters with names that we see a lot are safe because the author doesn't want to disappoint people. I want to worry about them every page because they are constantly in danger. Especially in this world where there was so much death, it was fitting that characters died. Don't get me wrong I still cried at some points for characters, but it was still nice to see!

Overall: 4/5 stars. It was such a thrilling conclusion to the series! I was a tad disappointed by Rebel Heart, but Raging Star was the perfect way to end the series. A lot of what happens in Rebel Heart has a great conclusion in Raging Star and it was everything I wanted from this series and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I cherish each and every comment. If you leave me a link to your blog, I will do my best to comment back!