5 Jul 2015

The Lost Herondale (Tales from Shadowhunter Academy #2) by Cassandra Clare and Robin Wasserman

The Lost Herondale (Tales from Shadowhunter Academy #2) by Cassandra Clare and Robin Wasserman

Goodreads Synopsis
Simon learns the worst crime a Shadowhunter can commit: desertion of their comrades. In the early nineteenth century, Tobias Herondale abandoned his fellow Shadowhunters in the heat of battle and left them to die. His life was forfeit, but Tobias never returned, and the Clave claimed his wife’s life in exchange for Tobias’s. Simon and his fellow students are shocked to learn of this brutality, especially when it is revealed the woman was pregnant. But what if the child survived…could there be a lost Herondale line out in the world today?

I'm going to be up front right now: I don't think any of these little novellas will be rated as more or less than 4 stars for me. They are good and I love the insights, but they just aren't enough. I feel like we are "getting to know" Simon again even though we already know him and it just feels kind of clunky and awkward.

But I love George. So here I am sticking it out for the little George moments. The story of Tobias Herondale was touching and it is always god to have characters question what is right and wrong and their superiors. It is nice to see that everyone is not just wandering around thinking that everything in the Accords is the way things need to be and there is no wiggle room. 

I am not a fan of Isabelle right now. I think her behaviour is very childish and immature. She needs to get a grip and actually listen to what Simon is saying rather than thinking about what she wants Simon to say.

AND I DID TEAR UP BECAUSE OF "Like all Herondales, his ability to love without measure, without end, was both his great gift and his great curse."  Like okay, just kill me.

Overall: 4/5 stars. There was less George Lovelace, but there was more Simon being Simon which is always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I cherish each and every comment. If you leave me a link to your blog, I will do my best to comment back!