15 May 2015

The Lovely and The Lost (The Dispossessed #2) by Page Morgan


The Lovely and The Lost (The Dispossessed #2) by Page Morgan

Goodreads Synopsis
Ingrid and Gabby survived the Underneath. They saved their brother, Grayson, from a future of dark servitude and exposed a plot to undermine the Alliance. But danger still lurks in the streets of Paris, and the Dispossessed, perched on the city's bridges and rooftops, might not be able to save their human wards this time. 
_________________________________________________________________________
I have been writing this review for over a month because I don't know how to put into words how disappointed I was with this novel.

First of all, there was no real plot. What even happened in this novel? Can anyone definitively tell me that something happened that moves along the overall plot of the series that includes Axia? Because I don't think we saw her at all.

There is still lack of world building, especially the whole 1899 thing. I still can't get past that because again, if you are going to set your novel in a time period, please make sure that you make it seem like you are actually in that time period. I had to keep reminding myself that it was set in 1899 but I shouldn't have to do that because it should be obvious.

This novel felt static to me, nothing to make the characters more complex or interesting. Mostly just the Waverly's trying to "prove themselves" as the absolute best people in the world because they are ready to die at any time without actually thinking about the consequences of their actions. I don't like how selfish and dramatic all the main characters are, including non-Waverly's, except maybe Luc and Marco. 

Marco is still by far my favourite character and I'm glad he will have a more central role.

But seriously, if you are going to tell me that Axia wants to rule the world, she has to be included in the plot of the second novel of a trilogy.

Overall: 2.5/5 stars. The ending was really the only redeeming part of this novel. But until then, it wasn't worth the read in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I cherish each and every comment. If you leave me a link to your blog, I will do my best to comment back!