18 May 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (2)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (2) - May 18, 2015

Hello and happy Holiday Monday if you are reading here in Canada! I am going to wrap up what I read last week and what I plan on reading this week! Hopefully some of these are ones you either already want to check out or are on the fence about and I can help sway you in one way or the other!

This past week I read 6 books. I only got around to reading one of the books I planned on reading last week, Omni, but I did read a lot of others!

Omni (Omni #1) by Andrea Murray. This is a young adult dystopian novel that focuses on Pierce and Harmony and their quest to break free from the constrants of their government in a retelling of the love story of Paris and Helen.
You can read my review here! And see a guest blog post by the author Andrea Murray here







The Weight of Guilt by Jon Ripslinger. This is a contemporary young adult novel that involves a death and a mystery. Following the accidental death of his girlfriend Riley, John Hawk moves to a small town on the banks of the Mississippi River to escape his past. But what happens when your past repeats itself?
You can read my review here!

The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker. This is a young adult fantasy novel that I reviewed as an ARC from NetGalley. It follows the witch hunter Elizabeth Grey in her quest to clear her name of being a witch and what the consequences of magic are. This is the first in a series and is being officially released on June 2, 2015!
Until then, you can read my review here!


The Corridor (The Corridor Series #1) by A.N. Willis. A young adult science fiction novel that focuses on Stel and her world that is connected to another Earth via a portal that suddenly becomes unstable allowing Stel to create a portal between worlds in her hands. This novel explores multiuniverse theory (well, I might add) while exploring the idea that different events can cause parallel lives. This was also an ARC review through NetGalley. You can check this one out on June 23, 2015.
Until then, read my review here!

Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky #1) by Megan Crewe. A Canadian author who writes about aliens. What can be better? This story follows Skylar, a young girl who notices when things are wrong around her. She meets Win, an alien who travels through time and location on Earth trying to ensure that humans have the best life possible. Together they try to take down the alien government that wants to control and colonize the Earth.
You can read my review here!




Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas. The second in the series that follows the assassin Celaena Sardothien after she wins the contest to become the King's Champion. She struggles to realize where her loyalties lay and ultimately has to come to terms with making decisions that only benefits her own interests.
You can read my review here!

This week I plan on reading...
Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen.  A young adult contemporary novel that narrates the life of Sydney and her quest to having her own identity after her brother Peyton is incarcerated. This is the newest Sarah Dessen novel that was released on May 5, 2015.

Fugitives (Escape From Furnace #4) by Alexander Gordon Smith. The fourth in the Escape From Furnace Series. I want to finish the series before the end of the month so I am hoping to have this one read before the end of the week. 

The Clouded Sky (Earth & Sky #2) by Megan Crewe. The second in the Earth & Sky series that is about Skylar and Win and their quest to stop the alien forces from taking complete control over Earth.

A History of Glitter and Blood by Hannah Moskowitz. This is an ARC read from NetGalley and I am really excited to get to it. I'm going to include the full description because I am super excited for it!!"Sixteen-year-old Beckan and her friends are the only fairies brave enough to stay in Ferrum when war breaks out. Now there is tension between the immortal fairies, the subterranean gnomes, and the mysterious tightropers who arrived to liberate the fairies. But when Beckan's clan is forced to venture into the gnome underworld to survive, they find themselves tentatively forming unlikely friendships and making sacrifices they couldn't have imagined. As danger mounts, Beckan finds herself caught between her loyalty to her friends, her desire for peace, and a love she never expected. This stunning, lyrical fantasy is a powerful exploration of what makes a family, what justifies a war, and what it means to truly love."

What are you planning on reading this week? Sound off in the comments! Lots of love and happy reading! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I cherish each and every comment. If you leave me a link to your blog, I will do my best to comment back!