1 Sept 2016

Kick-Off For We Can(ada) Read!

I wanted to do something to showcase Canadian YA/MG more and was going to tackle this task on my own but then I thought "FRIENDS!" so I asked the other Canadian bloggers of the internet to write me Guest Posts about their favourite Canadian authors. I was anticipating having five posts total, including mine, but within 30 minutes of the call, I already had SEVEN sign-ups so I decided to make this a whole month thing! That, however, meant I needed MOAR things to do during this time period so check out below what's coming up during the month of September on the blog! So I am here to introduce to you...

We Can(ada) Read!

(Thank you to Dani @ Dani Reviews Things for thinking up the title and letting me use it! Feel free to share the graphic below but please link everyone back to my blog so they can find these posts!)

We Can(ada) Read is by Canadians for EVERYONE to learn more about some amazing Canadian authors! We have 16 Canadian bloggers highlighting 16 Canadian authors plus you can hear about what it's like to live in Canada and write CanLit from 8 Canadian authors, most of which are 2016 debuts! Clicking on the date will take you to that post!

Canadian Bloggers Sell You on Canadian Authors!

Friday the 2nd

 

Saturday the 3rd

 

Tuesday the 6th

 

Thursday the 8th

Jamie @ Books and Ladders featuring Moira Young

 

Friday the 9th

Sarah @ Aphonic Sarah featuring Kathleen Peacock

 

Saturday the 10th

Althea @ Girls That Read featuring Alice Kuipers

 

Tuesday the 13th

Chelsea @ Books For Thought featuring Amanda Sun

 

Thursday the 15th

Jamie @ Books and Ladders featuring Erin Bow

 

Friday the 16th

Sabrina @ Beyond the Book Reviews featuring Lena Coakley

 

Saturday the 17th

 

Tuesday the 20th

Top Ten Tuesday featuring Canadian bands and artists!

 

Thursday the 22nd

Elizabeth @ The Kindred Reader featuring L.M. Montgomery 


Friday the 23rd

 Jesse @ Books at Dawn featuring Morgan Rhodes

 

Saturday the 24th

Serena and Sasha @ The Writing Duo featuring Eve Silver

 

Tuesday the 27th

 

Thursday the 29th

Learn about life as a CanLit Author!

Monday the 5th


Wednesday the 7th


Monday the 12th


Wednesday the 14th


Monday the 19th


Wednesday the 21st


Monday the 26th


Wednesday the 28th

Find out what's coming up in 2017!


Sunday the 11th

2017 Canadian Debuts

Sunday the 18th

2017 Releases Part 1

Sunday the 25th

2017 Releases Part 2
I hope you guys find some great reads and start to love Canadian YA/MG books and authors! Here's to a fun September and a great first We Can(ada) Read! Be sure to check the bloggers posts for a giveaway and my post will have an extra giveaway for my birthday! As well, some of the CanLit authors have giveaways attached to their posts, so keep a sharp eye and check back every day for something new!

3 comments:

  1. I think that this is such a fantastic idea, Jamie! Looking forward to seeing all of the Canadiana this month! 🍁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is awesome!! I can't wait to read the posts! :D I don't even think I've ever read a book by a Canadian author?! I KNOW, THE SHAME. I have read a few books set in Canada at least, though, so I'm not a completely shamed fish.😂 Anyway, I look forward to recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an incredible idea! I wish I had known about this earlier, as I would have loved to participate :). Can't wait to experience all the wonderful Canadian posts :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I cherish each and every comment. If you leave me a link to your blog, I will do my best to comment back!