13.5.15

Wishlist Wednesday (1): Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky


Wishlist Wednesday!

Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
Maddie lives in a world where everything is done on the computer. Whether it''s to go to school or on a date, people don''t venture out of their home. There''s really no need. For the most part, Maddie''s okay with the solitary, digital life-until she meets Justin. Justin likes being with people. He enjoys the physical closeness of face-to-face interactions. People aren''t meant to be alone, he tells her.
Suddenly, Maddie feels something awakening inside her-a feeling that maybe there is a different, better way to live. But with society and her parents telling her otherwise, Maddie is going to have to learn to stand up for herself if she wants to change the path her life is taking.
In this not-so-brave new world, two young people struggle to carve out their own space.


Purchase from 
Kobo | Chapters | Kindle | Amazon

This book has been on my wishlist for a very long time. I am secretly waiting for it to be available from Book Outlet because it is so much cheaper to buy my books from there. I think what really drew me to this book was the dystopia (obviously), but also that it seems like it could happen in the near future. It is a pretty realistic preview of what could happen if we don't put ourselves out there in the real world and continue to wait behind technology to interact with people. Unfortunately, I am on a book buying freeze and will not be able to pick this one up soon, but hopefully my library has it in stock and I can check it out!

What books are on your wishlist? Sound off in the comments. Lots of love and happy reading! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I cherish each and every comment. If you leave me a link to your blog, I will do my best to comment back!