10.5.15

Looking to the Future: Updates!

Hey there lovely readers,

Just checking in and updating you guys on what is happening this week with me so that you are all aware of where I am and where I hope to be in the near future.

I start school again tomorrow (Monday May 11) but will be posting my "It's Monday. What Are You Reading?" and "Pay Day Book Haul" blog hops either first thing in the morning or later on at night, depending on how much time I have. 

I have reviews scheduled to be posted throughout the week but I am still hoping to finish a couple of books before the end of the week and will be posting and scheduling them for either the end of the week or beginning of next week. I just picked up Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen and have moved that to the top of my to be read pile because I have an affliction for anything Sarah Dessen.


Which brings me to my next topic: I will be attending Teen Book Festival in Rochester next Saturday (May 16, 2015). I am going to be updating my happiness on my Twitter account (@booksandladders) so feel free to follow me on there to find out what's up with my day. I have a stack of books to be signed by the authors I want to meet and am really really excited. I do have extra copies of some Sarah Dessen books and was thinking about doing a giveaway of a signed copy of one of them. Let me know if you'd be interested in that, but it would only be open to Canadians because shipping is expensive!



After next weekend at some point (between May 18-29), I will be doing a blog tour of Omni by Andrea Murray including a guest blog post by the author! I have a copy of the book to review and will be doing so within the next couple of days. Here is a synopsis of the book: 
They will risk everything, even challenging the all-seeing eye of the Omni government. But will the prize be worth the cost?

Seventeen-year-old Pierce is a Drudge, the lowest social stratum in society. For over two years, he’s hoped—prayed—that his upcoming aptitude test will finally free him from his virtual slavery and give him a chance at a better existence. When he rescues Harmony, an Artist and member of the most successful stratum, his life takes an unbelievable twist.

With his gallant act and good looks, he becomes a media sensation. Every stratum in society seeks his membership for their publicity, but as he becomes closer to Harmony, Pierce realizes what fame in Omni is truly like. His choices will not only affect him but Harmony as well. The life Pierce thought he wanted may not be worth the cost to either of them.

When I have more information about this, I will let you guys know! But I am really excited!

Last but not least, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been reading my reviews. It really means a lot to me. Lots of love and happy reading! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I cherish each and every comment. If you leave me a link to your blog, I will do my best to comment back!