11.5.15

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (1): May 11, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (1) - May 11, 2015
Hi folks and happy Monday! Hope you all had a good weekend full of fun, adventures, and reading!

Here is what I read this past week and what I plan to read this upcoming week.  It’s a great way to add to your own To Be Read list. Especially since I read so much!


I read six books this past week and probably would have read more if I didn't have a wedding that I went to.


I started my week reading Pawn (Warchild #1) by Ernie Lindsey. It is a dystopian novel about a 14 year old girl who has to learn how to survive and protect her people, the People's Republic of  Virginia, from war. Read my review here!


I moved onto Planet Urth (Planet Urth #1) by Jennifer and Chrisopher Martucci which is another dystopian novel about a young girl and her sister who are surviving a post-nuclear war North America that is filled with terrifying creatures. Read my review here!

I decided to shake things up and finished reading Death Sentence (Escape From Furnace #3) by Alexander Gordon Smith. This is the third installment of the Escape From Furnace series that follows Alex Sawyer and his attempts to break free from what lies below hell -- Furnace Penitentiary. Read my review here!


After this, I moved onto a science fiction novel: From A Distant Star by Karen McQuestion, which was one of my favourite reads this week! It is a contemporary science-fiction novel that features aliens, secrets, and alternating points of view that I found quite enjoyable. Read my review here!


Then I started (and finished all the published) the Storm Siren Trilogy by Mary Weber (of which only one book is published, but I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of Siren's Fury from NetGalley). This series is a fantasy series that follows Nymia, an Elemental, in her quest to save her home land of Faelen from the evil that lurks within. 



Storm Siren is the opening novel in the series that narrates the life of Nym, an Elemental who has the power to control the elements. It is a journey of self-discovery of power and control for her in this novel. Read my review here!


Siren's Fury is the second in the series that explores Nym and her powers even further while questioning what is good and evil and how it should be used to protect those who cannot protect themselves. I would absolutely recommend this series to any fantasy fan. Read my review here!

I finished off the week by reading a contemporary romance novel entitled How to Catch a (Rock) Star by Gabrielle Aquilina. It's tagged as a story of sex, love, and rock n' roll, so I am pretty excited for this one. It officially is released on May 13th and you can read my review of it here!

This week I plan on reading:


Omni (Omni #1) by Andrea Murray. This is a young adult dystopian novel that focuses

Pierce and Harmony and their quest to break free from the constrants of their government in a retelling of the love story of Paris and Helen.

Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen.  A young adult contemporary novel that narrates the life of Sydney and her quest to having her own identity after her brother Peyton is incarcerated. This is the newest Sarah Dessen novel and I want to have it read before I meet her on Saturday!


Fugitives (Escape From Furnace #4) by Alexander Gordon Smith. The fourth in the Escape From Furnace Series. I want to finish the series before the end of the month so I am hoping to have this one read before the end of the week. 



The Great Hunt (Wheel of Time #2) by Robert Jordan. I have been reading this one for a while and am hoping to finish it this week, but no promises.

I am also hoping to read and reread some of the novels from the authors that will be attending Teen Book Festival that I will be heading out to this weekend!





What are you guys planning to read this week? Sound off in the comments below! Lots of love and happy reading! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I cherish each and every comment. If you leave me a link to your blog, I will do my best to comment back!